There are many stories that come from my Dover Castle Hostel days, but one that probably stands out is the Betsy-Charlie story. After living in the hostel pretty much at its conception Dec 1999 for about 6 months, a 19 year old french boy named Baptise aka Charlie moved into my house. One day he lost his phone. As where most phones, or more likely remote controls fall, I found his phone in the couch cushions at home. I was at the bar with young half Tai half Canadian Betsy from Houston who was staying at the hostel at the time and as Charlie walked in the bar, I gave Betsy the phone and said to give it to that guy. She did, and the rest is history. After a short time in London, off to France they went and lived in Nauntes where I visited them. Things went up and down they split, and here are are again, back in Dover Bar after 6 years.

Comments