The Mosta of Costa!




Eric gets married in May, and someone from the elite high school crew I belong to had the bright idea of a week long bachelor's party in Costa Rica. Not attending in not an option.

Feb 7 Fri- 3:30am Dublin. This isn't waking up at the crack up dawn. This getting up from a small nap during the wee our of the night. Have to be at the airport by 5 for Emmalee's 6am flight back top London.

After napping in the Dublin airport for some 3-4 hours, I find my plane to New York is delayed to some ramp problem. Scheduled for 9:30, I finally board at 12. We have to refuel in Shannon. I get to New York some 3 hours after I was supposed, missed my flight to Altanta, and of course missed the connecting flight San Jose. What mess. I get to Atlanta and get a hotel and some food on Delta. Across the hotel was Waffle House. I had only seen this in a cartoon movie and thought is was not real. But low and behold, before my eyes, and with some odd twist of fate, here I found myself just in front of one course I got the biggest waffle with everything on it.

Feb 8 Sat- 1pm San Jose. From little sleep and from about 4 flights in 2 days, time to ride on a 8 seater from San Jose to Tamarindo.

Costa Rica is jewel. If you can escape the dirty and dangerous city of San Jose, every region holds a unique agricultural spectale from jungles, turtles, to volcanos. However being that this was a bachlelor's party with 8 guys, we see clubs, bars, beers, and a wide variety of girls from working ones to drunk ones. This last line can pretty much some up my 7 days here. Great peasant food of rice & beans with plantanes which I enjoyed. We ziplined in the trees and swam in hot springs. But for the most part, partying all night, waking up late, and laughing with everyone about last night......
...........................................................in the end, I need a vacation from my vacation!

Comments