All in against Annette Obrestad at the Venetian..

2006 World Series of Poker Europe winner Annette Obrestad was playing $1-2 at Venetian. I know, weird for a person whose won over 2.7 mil in poker. However, her and her 2 friends were just having fun opening every hand and going all in on air.

So she raised on the button to $25 after 5 people limped. I was in the small blind and just smooth called with JJ wanting to see the flop to avoid any overcards. Her friend Trevor knew she was going to just overraising in position and decided to make it $110. Annette knew that Trevor could not really have that big of a hand after just limping in middle position, so she went all in for $400 plus. So I knew that Trevor couldn't call Annette's all in, and I annette she knew that and so she didn't have to have that big of a hand. I was sort of irrelevant to them since I only had $112 left and show no strength by my smooth call. So I called behind her all in knowing her hand strength was not the greatest, and Trevor could not call an all in. However, he tanked for about 3 minutes knowing all this and was considering calling with A8. Funny enough it would of been good against her A7. Usually in this position I could lay down JJ in without thinking, but not in this spot.

Comments