Boyles down to 127 hours



I have been listening to Jeff Goldsmith's Creative Screenwriting podcasts for a while now, and after reading his tweet last night about screening 127 hours today. I decide to crash this sold out event, and my timing could not be any better. I see a long line outside the LA film school, I wait 1 min, the line walks in, they don't ask for tickets, and voila...Jeff, and Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle before my eyes.

After seeing 127 hours, scenes hard to stomach, Danny was quite insightful of little odd advice based on his first and only written work. I like Grahm Greene's advice he mentioned about ending the days work with a unfinished sentence. Tomorrow, you complete the thought and just start going. He ended by saying to the crowd of young writers to just be Bold!

Comments