End of Week 2 of Seamanship Apprentice program

Friday

6am There's 5 different alarms going off, but it's the lights that wake me up.
So shave we must daily, and after dressing up, clean the dorm and toilets.

645am In 1960s Lumberjacks, and Beaver Clever probably at eggs, sausage,
hash browns,and bacon. Today at Paul Hall, that is still the same breakfast.
No muslei, no Cappucinos. Omlettes are made to one preference, but for me the
usual Oat meal and yogurt.


7am Tentanus shot. Everybody is now starting to call me Res.

715am Muster, row 'Class 756' my class of 16 yell. Now March to Class.

8am Vessel Familarization class test. After 2 weeks of 6 hour daily classes, We're
done after this test. 86 %, good enough. Ethan 'Boats' Evans and his Navy
stories were great.

11am Galley. Cooking cleaning all day. A General is on the premises and
tension is high. We work for 2 hours or so, eat, nap for an hour or so,
then repeat this again. 9pm...done..dead

I spent the last 10 years waking up past noon everyday. Now before noon
I have been up for almost 8 hours. Tomorrow the kitchen work starts
at 430am for us, so lights on at 4am. Now that's how to spend a birthday.
I remember when I used to spend 3 week birthday that spanded over Dubai
Manila NY usually Vegas. Now it's Maryland, and Kitchen slavery. This will be our routine for
the next 16 days straight.If I don't want to, I may not even leave the building
for those next days. As Josh Nelson said, 'If it's not hard, it's not
worth it.' That's gonna have to be my motivation for at least this year.




Comments