End of a cruise, race for underwear, & an airport layover marathon

Its 6:30am. No alarm, I just woke even though I left the crew bar at 1am. Its that day I so have been looking forward to for the past 6 months since I left home and for every single day I had to work, muster, set the alarm, and have some obligations without a break. The day has arrived.
After doing all this ship running around for 2 hours getting all these sign-off signatures, a trip to the world famous Waikiki beach is in order. Definately wasn't my idea as I hate day beaches and crowds, but its my last day with her and there's no one else I would rather be with.
After our slow bus sits uselessly in traffic, she gets restless and we make an abrupt departure. The aqua beach with Diamond Head Volcano as the backdrop is undoubtly dramatic and intially overwhelming. It maybe paradise minus the thousands of people. There is something to be said about being with someone you adore and rubbing lotion and oil on their body. After laying down and enjoying our intimacy, I forget how much I dislike crowded beaches.

As I was throwing away all cabin contents this morning, I could not bring myself to discart a small portion of Bourban is a sports drink bottle. So I brought it and drank it not warm but hot all on the way and in walmart and on the bus. Walmart drunk was kinda funny, I highly recommend it. I do relalize I sound redneckish. It may have been her Arkansas influence, however I was drinking alone. Next after sushi was a mad dash in the popular Ala Moana mall to attain underwear, primarily knickers. I was noticing in Victoria Secrets, young skinny women don't get sold greys, whites, or even black knickers. They're all hot pink, orange, or some neon color. I didn't really mind being there.
Back to the ship to pick up last belongings, one last crew mess meal, and a sad parting. Didn't really expect tears, but then again parting is such sweet sorrow, an obscure English writer once wrote.
Most airport trips are so expensive and difficult. Not Honolulu. I used a bus transfer from earlier and it departed close to the ship. 40 mins and voila.
Of course in line to check-in she calls and is on the way to the hospital now after hitting her head in the galley. A part of me wants to stay and be supportive. She would love for me to stay, but encouraged me to go home and be with the family as well as avoid the $150 flight change fee. My body departs to California, but my heart stays in Hawaii.

...ever wonder what one does with a 5 hour layover in San Francisco at 6am? ...they blog!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

Comments