..Chicago, my kind of town..


It's now 4am. now begins the first step of a long journey to get to the Olympics. I'm in Redondo Beach California and it's Tuesday. The first goal to to watch beach volleybakll at 2:30pm Thursday. Let's do this.

Ok...walked to the Metro..Metro to Airport.....6:55am flight connection Chicago. 6 hour layover, never really been, so I'll just take some pictures and say hello to my Cruiseline roomate Danylo.


Ok....after poor time estimating, I run to my gate to catch my european bound flight only to find that the plane is sitting there but the door is closed and they won't let me in. Dam. After the Aer lingus manager gave me some bullocking about me delaying the plane, taking my bag off and stuff, she booked me for tomorrow's flight with a $300 fee. i was offered some cheap hotels next to the airport, but I want to be in town with my 24 hours of waiting. I guess it's hostel time.
     
 While taking a night stroll, I randomly pop in a bar, and when in Chicago, it had to be the blues. Buddy Guy's Legends. My smile reappeared.

Now its my Free day.

It's 7:30 am. I am waking up in a dorm with 4 random guys. why am I even awake after going to bed at 2am. After having half a complimentary cream cheese bagel at the hostel breakfast, I thought to see the near park before a free 10:30am architecture walking tour. Little did I know on the map this was the fountain I saw on the map. Pretty pleasant surprise really.

Taking up the Chicago Architecture is probably best done by foot. Yeh the boat tour is quite popular, but not only is expensive, but we actually go in the buildings itself. Our guide even recomded going to a free Federal reserve tour which I did and pointed out the garden on the top library, which I went.







Lunch. I wanted to go the famous Billy goat tavern to have a cheezeborga cheezeborga. However, on the way there, some radio station had their weekly Wed lunchtime food stands. So I had multiple free asian dumplings, chips, diet soda, and even good humor ice cream. Ok, so it's hot here, walking all day. Need shower. So, with the Marriot right next to the Fed, I scoped out the spa there. Walking through the gym and by passing the receptionist, I make my way to the steam room. Usually I can sit in there for a while, but the steam kept coming, and after 10 minutes, I thought I might not even make it to the door it was so hot. Ok, now a shower, a shave, and Iam fresh and airport bound. I am not even half way to my destination. 



Comments