Some Needles and a Cup

So I think my right arm over the years has lost some feeling.
A sympton of Carpool Syndrome. Nerves. One remedy is acupuncture.
Plenty of massages and Acupuncture clinics for this in Saipan, not
mention one can not go drinking every night. Well at least I can't.

Following the recommendation of my friendly Thai cab driver Gee, she
brings me to a Chinese clinic that she used once. I negotiate the
price with the dude to $60 from $70. I just wanted him to look at
my arm, but he insist he needs to service my whole body and if the body
is good, the pain in the arm may go away. So I give it a go. After some
painful hand checks to my stomach and torso in which I show my pain, he
tells me my blood flow is not good, I stress too much, hence my white hairs.
Really he could tell everyone this. I tried to explain to him I don't have
any stress with no wife,kids, girlfirend, major problems, and he says
maybe I am always thinking. Ok, fine. 

We start with a massage, and I am almost in tears. Karma. I was a bad boy
and now is pay back. Manly groans/cries. After 10 minutes of getting killed
by human hands of stone, he starts pricking me with needles. Ok, now the good stuff.
He gets small glass jars, lights the edges, and seals about 10 on them all over my
body. It hurts. Like a lot. He turns the lights off and play Chinese music. Now
I was thinking that I don't think I could wish this on my worst enemy and worst of
all, I am paying this guy for this? practitioners believe this mobilizes blood flow
in order to promote healing. He wanted me to return two more times for the
back and three times for the front..... I think no.

Didn't really feel great afterwards, nor the day after. Maybe this was good for me. I
know I have foolishly spent more money on stupid things. Let's mark this down to
another life experience.

Comments