The Hope of all the Phlippines.



The most wanted and anticipated fight that I have seen in my lifetime. Of course it took forever to put together as I suspected Lloyd Mayweather was quite protective of his undefeated record but at this point, he knew Manny Paquiao isn’t quite as good as he was 5 years ago. Basically, he Mayweather was confident he’d win, the money was too big to ignore. And where would I be for the fight but in the Philippines. Being that it was an early fight to watch in the am, I didn’t really make plans to watch it out. There was a 40 inch flat screen down in the patio of the condo complex I was staying at. Pretty ghetto, but oh well.

And they called it pretty non-eventful. These are smart featherweights. Their tactics are to win points strategically and not really to knock-out. So, the most anticipated fight was tactical boring chess match. No surprise as far I expected as Mayweather on points. I would of loved to see the streets of Manila though should Manny of won.

Comments