You Cretan!

So good friend Veronica is also in Greece as of today.
I ask if she is busy tonight, and she says now , join.
However she is in Corfu a good 8 hour bus from Athens
or short 40 min plane ride, oddly the same price. .....It's all about airport
lounges for me at this point.

I get in around 8pm, then she texts me, she had been at out
all day on the boat and is tired. Nice. But her sister
who I I know all too well is up to hang out. I get the Villa
address.


 
Lidl pit stop:



Villa. I go to villa door #2, knock, wrong unit. Of course
she phone is goes to voicemail. I split. I slowly drive into
town , pull over to kinda let the cars behind me go as I just kinda
look around. Noticing a restaurant on my left, I think I see the
elusive sister Eugenia eating. I park, subtly walk in, look at her,
and she is shocked and ecstatic to see me. I won't even start
with the why didn't you questions, but join her and her girlfriend
for dinner.

The two of us get a glimpse of old town, have some summer drinks
at the outdoor clubs, and get back to the villa at 4am.
She has no key, insist on climbing a fence, wakes up some
villa carer person, and I drive in to some angry looking like
russian speaking woman. Entering the villa on foot, I hear more argueing
in Russian, sit tightly in front of her bedroom door in the dark
sweating in the heat, and of course pretty tired as I wait for her to
get some key.

10am......I really tried not to turn my phone on, knowing we are gonna be kind in trouble
with the sister, but face the music at some point. But she refuses to leave as she was ask to
and instist we go visit some beaches.

First stop, one of more the interesting beaches. However, I saw pictures, but didn't know it was pretty
much and English dominated area. Yeh, this is what that looks like:


That was a quick visit, but not before she found a nice kids boogie board in the trash to harbor.

Got to stop and support the local vine growers.


Eugenia and I always seem to find nice panoramic picture spots.


Picnic time in a super remote location on an exotic Greek island. Can't say I do that everyday. And now to a better beach.



She's so jealous of my Gyro and beer 3 Euro combo.


No one can quite match a yellow rental car like Eugenia can.

We get back the Villa, sister messages that she will be there 9 with a priest to talk to bad sister,
and am out of there. In the car, I thought about finding a hotel, or waiting to see what happens with the sister, but after finding $40 flight back to Athens in 2 hours, I made a bee line. Corfu, I liked it but perhaps could like it more under different circumstances. Of course I do voluntarily chose to live this odd life style with odd characters, so ce la vie.

Comments